Numbers Song: One Little Duckling
- Song: Numbers song - one little duckling
- Learning Objectives: Looking for an easy way to teach your learners how to count from one to ten? They this song is all you need. It teachers the numbers and their spellings from 1 to 10.
- Key Phrases/Sentences: One little, two little, three little ducklings.
- How to use: Turn on the music and the video. Let the students listen and watch once or twice. Break down the song and teach. To do that, tell students you will sing one part of each line and they will complete it.
Students' Line: One little..
Teacher's Line: two little
After this, change roles.
Teacher's Line: One little
Students' Line: two little
Keep doing this with the other lines and before you know it, your learners will be singing the whole song without any help. That's how you get these phrases and sentences firmly implanted in their brains.
- Why use songs in English Lessons?
Research has shown that young learners can absorb words and sentences twice as fast if they get to sing them. Songs also have the added advantage of reducing stress in the classroom. Every teacher knows that when students are less stressed, they learn better. Above all, songs are a great way to have fun while learning a language.