- Topic: Time for School Lesson
- Communication Objectives: This lesson will teach ESL students how to tell the time English.
- Language Objectives: This is the first lesson on telling the time in basic form using 'o'clock' and 'half past'. The lesson does not focus on 'quarter to' and 'quarter past'.
This lesson uses the future form 'will' and 'going to' to predict a future outcome.
- Dialogue Story: Dad is ready for work. He is surprised to find that the children are not ready. Mom goes to check and to her surprise, Freddie and Lisa are still sleeping way past waking time. She urges them to hurry and leave for school. It is clear they are going to be late for lessons.
- Sentence Structures:
- It's 7:00 a.m. You are going to be late for school.
- What time do lessons usually begin at school?
- It's 8 o'clock already.
This lesson has a related vocabulary video. Click here to watch the vocabulary and grammar break down of this lesson.