Pets ESL Lesson
- Topic: Pets Lesson Dialogue
- Communication Objectives: The goal of this ESL lesson is to teach learners how give reasons. The lesson will teach them more ways of describing pets especially with the use of personality adjectives.
- Language Objectives: The objective of this lesson is to teach students how to ask and answer 'why' questions and to give reasons using the subordinating conjunction 'because' to show the relationship between the independent clause and the dependent clause. The lesson will also introduce personality adjectives which can be used to talk about pets.
- Dialogue Story: Freddie and Lisa are at an animal shelter. They are trying to decide which pets they might get. A conversation about preference begins. Freddie likes dogs and Lisa likes cats. Freddie is not a fan of cats because he thinks they are lazy and boring.
- Sentence Structures:
- What pets do you like?
- I like dogs.
- Why do you like dogs?
- I like dogs because they are friendly and cute.
- I don't like cats because they are lazy.
This lesson has a related vocabulary video. Click here to watch the vocabulary and grammar break down of this lesson.
Vocabulary: cats, dogs, rabbits,