https://www.freddiesville.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/5-Months-festivals-dialogue.jpg 130 180 freddiesville https://www.freddiesville.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/logo.png freddiesville2014-04-12 06:24:262016-01-30 07:14:06Months & Festivals Lesson
Months & Festivals Lesson
- Topic: Months and Festivals ESL Lesson
- Communication Objectives: In this lesson, ESL students will learn how to talk about special dates and upcoming events. The focus will be on months of the year and festivals. The will also learn more cardinal and ordinal numbers from 1-31.
- Language Objectives: This lesson teaches vocabulary on the twelve months of the year and festivals. Children will learn to talk about dates using ordinal numbers (first, second, third, fourth).
- Dialogue Story: Freddie, Lisa and their friends are coming home from school. Lisa, who is not so good at dates, invites Sally to her upcoming birthday party. A conversation on months of the year reveals that Lisa only knows her birthday. She gets to learn about the months of the year and the dates of different festivals like New Year's Day, Halloween and Christmas.
- Sentence Structures:
- My birthday is on May 2nd.
- We are in April.
- When is your birthday, Freddie?
- My birthday is on August 31st.
- Christmas is on December 25th.
- Bob's birthday is just before Christmas.
- Vocabulary: Months - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December. Festivals - Christmas, Halloween, New Year's Day, birthday.
This lesson has a related vocabulary video. Click here to watch the vocabulary and grammar break down of this lesson.