https://www.freddiesville.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/6-Giving-directions-dialogue.jpg 130 180 freddiesville https://www.freddiesville.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/logo.png freddiesville2014-04-12 06:47:452016-01-30 07:16:14Giving Directions ESL Lesson
Giving Directions ESL Lesson
- Topic: Giving & Asking for Directions ESL Lesson
- Communication Objectives: Children will learn how to ask for and give directions. They will also review vocabulary related
- Language Objectives: Learn how to ask for directions using 'where is' and 'how do I get' question format. Also learn to use imperatives to give directions - go straight, turn right, walk down Maple street.
- Dialogue Story: Freddie and Lisa leave for the city with the expressed purpose of watching a game at the stadium. While in the city, they have difficulties finding the stadium. They stop and ask two strangers for directions and finally find their way to the stadium.
- Sentence Structures:
- Excuse me, where is the soccer stadium?
- It's on Maple Street.
- How do we get to Maple Street?
- Go straight and turn right at the intersection.
- It's opposite the next bus stop.
This lesson has a related vocabulary video. Click here to watch the vocabulary and grammar break down of this lesson.