https://www.freddiesville.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2-Sports-Activities-dialogue.jpg 130 180 freddiesville https://www.freddiesville.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/logo.png freddiesville2014-04-12 04:56:102016-01-30 07:06:26Sports Lesson
- Topic: Sports Lesson Dialogue
- Communication Objectives: In this ESL lesson will teach learners to express preference of different kinds of sports. Students will learn expressions used when talking about their favorite sports.
- Language Objectives: The lesson will teach learners how to express likes and preference and also how to talk about personal abilities using some adjectives followed by prepositions - good at, bad at. They will also learn how to compare things in the most basic manner.
- Dialogue Story: It's a sports day at school. Freddie, Lisa and the others are on the play ground. A lot is happening. Students are playing different kinds of sports. A conversation begins about their sports preferences and an expression of their abilities. Freddie and Bob are amazed by a short boy outplaying the tall boys in basketball, which goes to teach kids not to be stereotypical about their judgment of others.
- Sentence Structures:
- I like playing volleyball.
- Sally is good at playing volleyball.
- The short boy is good at playing basketball.
- He is better than the tall boys.
- I can run faster.
- Grammar: adjectives followed by prepositions (good at, bad at), comparatives (better than, faster)
This lesson has a related vocabulary video. Click here to watch the vocabulary and grammar break down of this lesson.
Vocabulary: basketball, volleyball, soccer, table tennis, badminton, tennis, running