- Topic: Birthday and asking about age.
- Vocabulary: numbers 1 - 10, old, almost, six, how
- Grammar: Learn the question format 'How old are...?/How old is...?' to ask about a person's age. This lesson will also introduce a non-question word, format for asking about age and contractions. Kids will also learn to use the verb 'to be' with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd-person singular.
Question Word Questions:
- How old are you, Bob?
- How old is Lisa?
Non-question Word Question:
- Are you six years old?
- I'm four. / I am four.
- She's four. / She is four.
1st, 2nd and 3rd-person singular with verb 'to be' in the present tense:
- I am four. (1st person singular)
- Your are four. (2nd person singular)
- She is four. (3rd person singular)
This lesson has a related dialogue video. Click here to watch the short dialogue related to this lesson.