- Topic: Jobs - My father is a doctor.
- Communication Objectives: Learn to talk about what jobs people do.
- Language Objectives: To learn to ask and answer questions and describe the jobs people do.
- Vocabulary: jobs –doctor, dentist, nurse, police officer, firefighter, teacher, farmer etc.
- Sentence Structures:
- What does your father do?
- He is a dentist.
- He takes care of our teeth.
3rd person singular: In this lesson we will learn to use a couple of verbs in the 3rd person singular. Usually we add 's' to the verb, but with the verb 'do' we add 'es'.
- I do / He does / She does
- I take care of teeth. / He takes care of teeth.
- I look after sick people. / He looks after sick people.