- Topic: Actions, Rooms at Home, Words & Sentences
- Vocabulary: reading, watching TV, painting, cooking, writing, sleeping, drinking, eating, walking, running, dancing, singing, bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen, dining room
- Grammar: This lesson will contrast the use of the present simple for habitual actions versus the present progressive for on-going actions. It will also look at a few verb and noun collocations.
Present Simple versus Present Progressive
- I paint every day. / I am painting now.
- She cooks every day. / She is cooking now.
- We watch TV every day. / We are watching TV now.
Verb & Noun Collocations
- Watch – TV
- Listen – Music
- Do – Homework
- Paint – Picture
- Cook – Lunch or Dinner
- Read – Newspaper
This lesson has a related dialogue video. Click here to watch the short dialogue related to this lesson.