Jobs Song: Firefighters great
- Song: Jobs song: Firefighters great
- Learning Objectives: This song will help learners review words and sentences used when talking about jobs and occupations.
- Key Phrases/Sentences: Firefighters rescue me and you. Doctors and nurses help the sick get well.
- How to use: Turn on the music and the video. Let the students listen and watch once or twice. Break down the song and teach. To do that, tell students you will sing one part of each line and they will complete it.
Students' Line: Firefighters very great, very great, very great. Firefighters very great.
Teacher's Line: They rescue me and you.
After this, change roles.
Teacher's Line: Firefighters very great, very great, very great. Firefighters very great.
Students' Line: They rescue me and you.
Keep doing this with the other lines and before you know it, your learners will be singing the whole song without any help. That's how you get these phrases and sentences firmly implanted in their brains. After students have learned the song, let the change words and sentences to make their own songs using other job vocabulary.
- Why use songs in English Lessons?
Research has shown that young learners can absorb words and sentences twice as fast if they get to sing them. Songs also have the added advantage of reducing stress in the classroom. Every teacher knows that when students are less stressed, they learn better. Above all, songs are a great way to have fun while learning a language.