English Lessons for Kindergarten, Level 2
Nice to meet you.
- Language Objectives: Learn to greet people the first time you meet them using formulaic expressions. Learn how to respond to first meeting greetings.
- Vocabulary/Phrases: nice, meet, you, nice to meet you, nice to meet you too
How many apples?
- Language Objectives: To learn to ask and answer number questions using the ‘How many’ question format. Also learn to count from one to ten.
- Vocabulary: Numbers, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, apples
How old are you?
- Language Objectives: To learn to ask and answer questions about age using the ‘How old’ question format.
- Vocabulary/Sentences: Numbers, one, two, three, four, five, six, years, old etc. How old are you? I'm six years old.
Can you run fast?
- Language Objectives: To learn to ask and answer questions about ability using the ‘can/can't’ auxiliary, modal verb in conjunction with action verbs.
- Vocabulary: action verbs – jump, run, swim, fly, walk, clap, write etc.
What are you wearing?
- Language Objectives: To learn to ask for and give descriptions of things using adjectives of color. Learn to describe clothes using colors.
- Vocabulary: clothes and colors – T-shirt, yellow, shorts, purple, pink, red, green, etc.
Where is my teddy?
- Language Objectives: To learn to ask and answer questions about positions of things using the question form 'Where is' and prepositions of place.
- Vocabulary: toys – teddy bear, robot, car, plane, etc.
I come to school by car.
- Language Objectives: To learn to ask and answer questions about means of transportation using the question format 'how do you?'.
- Vocabulary: transportation – foot, car, plane, bus, bicycle, taxi, truck, van etc.
My father is a doctor.
- Language Objectives: Learn to talk about what jobs people do. Ask and answer questions and describe the jobs & occupations.
- Vocabulary: jobs –doctor, dentist, nurse, police officer, firefighter, teacher, farmer etc.
How's the weather?
- Language Objectives: To learn to ask and answer questions about weather conditions using the question form 'how'. The lesson will also focus on key phrasal verbs used when talking about dressing in up for the weather (put on vs. take off).
- Vocabulary: weather conditions – sunny, hot, rainy, sunglasses, umbrella, sweater, shorts, hat, put on, take off etc.