English Lessons for Preschool, Kindergarten1
- Language Objectives: To learn to give and follow orders using short phrases in the imperative form. Imperative forms are used for requests and commands.
- Vocabulary: commands - sit, stand, hands, clap, stamp, feet, up, down
- Language Objectives: To use demonstrative pronouns (this/that) to ask about names of classroom supplies which are near and far.
- Vocabulary: stationery and school supplies - pencil, pen, ruler, eraser, paper, book
What's your name?
- Language Objectives: To learn to introduce oneself in English. To learn to ask and answer questions about personal information.
- Vocabulary: Possessive adjectives - my, your. Proper nouns - Bob, Freddie, Lisa & Sally.
What color is this?
- Language Objectives: To learn to describe things using adjectives of color.
- Vocabulary: red, yellow, blue, black, orange, brown, green, purple, pink. Common nouns - apple, pear, dog, car, banana, carrot, peach, pen, etc.
How are you?
- Language Objectives: To learn to greet people and ask about their well-being. After this lesson, learners should be able to greet friends in English.
- Vocabulary: good, morning, how, you, today, fine.
What animal is this?
- Language Objectives: To ask and respond to yes or no questions in the most basic form. Learn to ask about animals on a farm and to express like.
- Vocabulary: farm animals - dog, cat, pig, cow, duck.
What fruit is this?
- Language Objectives: To ask and respond to yes or no questions in the most basic form. Learn to ask about fruits and expressive preference.
- Vocabulary: fruits – apple, lemon, orange, banana, pineapple, peach, avocado.
It has two big eyes.
- Language Objectives: To learn to use simple adjectives to describe nouns. Describe body parts using very simple adjectives.
- Vocabulary: body parts – eyes, ears, mouth, nose, arms, legs, foot. Adjectives – big/small, short/long, two
This is my father.
- Language Objectives: To learn to introduce other people using simple sentences. Learn to identify and talk about family members.
- Vocabulary: family members – father, mother, grandpa, grandma, brother, sister, aunt, uncle