Time, Late for School
- Topic: Telling time, o'clock, half past
- Communication Objectives: This lesson extends the previous lesson on telling time by including 'quarter to' and 'quarter past'.
- Language Objectives: The goal is to teach ESL learners more ways of telling the time.
- Dialogue Story: This lesson continues from the previous one. In the previous time lesson, Lisa and Freddie get up late. In this lesson, they arrive late for school and get punished by the school headmaster. They end up coming home late too.
- Sentence Structures:
- It's a quarter past 8 and you are late for lessons.
- What time do you usually go to bed?
- We usually go to bed at a quarter to 11.
- It's 3:30 pm and our lessons are over for today.
This lesson has a related vocabulary video. Click here to watch the vocabulary and grammar break down of this lesson.